4.30.2010

Mary J. Blige Creates A "Life" Fragrance



Mary J. Blige may be joining the "I'm A Celebrity And Launching My Own Fragrance" bandwagon, but she's completely bucking the trend when it comes to how she's launching it.
Named My Life [after her groundbreaking 1994 album; still one of her best, I'd say!], the fragrance will launch exclusively on HSN July 31 and will then be sold at Carol's Daughter. [No surprise there considering that Blige is a shareholder in the company, Carol's Daughter].
Turns out that Blige also had the inside scoop when it comes to fragrance creation with her family tie to Pamela Baxter, president and chief executive officer of LVMH Perfumes & Cosmetics North America. Baxter is married to the uncle of Blige's husband, Kendu Isaacs.
According to wwd.com, the scent's top notes are gardenia petals, Bartlette pear and white freesia; the heart is tuberose, blooming jasmine, gold lily and apricot flower and the drydown is cashmere woods, praline, sesame and incense. Blige admitted that she had no problem taking her time in creating the fragrance and was very adamant about being involved in the total process. Here's what she had to say about her new juice:

"It's a special tribute to us as women. My fans and I are smart now. We know we're smart now, but we didn't know it then. We know we're beautiful now, we didn't know it then. We're educated now, we didn't know it then. We're soft, we're edgy - we're all those things. And I wanted this perfume to represent every female's everyday life."

Now, if that's not empowering, I don't know what is! Blige also shared with WWD that she's currently taking French and acting classes in preparation for her acting debut as Nina Simone in the biopic film slated for 2012 release. She also plans to launch her own eyewear line this fall, Melodies by Mary J. Blige.

My Life, the fragrance, will retail for $46 and I personally can't wait to get my hands on this one!

xo
Ferocia
*images from wwd.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*scrrreeeeaaaaammmmssss*

I'm male, but I'll make a purchase for my mother, sisters, & cousins.

Related Posts with Thumbnails