4.16.2010

Kim Kardashian Goes Naked and Unretouched for May Harper's Bazaar



Is everyone getting naked this month? Cue Erykah Badu's Window Seat video.

Starting with Catherine Zeta Jones in May's Allure, news is hitting the web that celebrities are shedding their clothes for the camera. But with a message. The latest celeb going nude for social commentary is the reality TV star whose fifteen minutes will never end, Kim Kardashian.

In May's Harper's Bazaar, Kim disrobes---sans airbrushing---to encourage women to embrace their curves via Us Weekly. It's not like there are rolls and cellulite in the photo (above) but if you squint and stare closely, you can see some imperfections like...umm...I guess a line...by her stomach?

Jokes aside, I am always happy to see curves embraced, and I especially like Kim's ambivalent attitude about her butt.


"[I don't] get why everyone is always going on about my butt," Kim told Harper's Bazaar. "I'm Armenian. It's normal. My butt is probably not as big as you might think, because I have small legs and a small waist, which makes it appear bigger."

I applaud her and relate to her here. My family is known to be petite with shapely rears, so I have one too, that doesn't mean I want people walking down the street, pointing and staring at me like I'm on display at a museum.

What she's doing, which is quite brilliant, is normalizing curves to a culture that doesn't normally accept them. And that's always a good thing even if the curves aren't totally "unretouched."

What do you think of Kim's socially relevant nudity, Glamazons?

Kisses,

Coutura

Source

1 comment:

@Yeshi_Thomas said...

Hey Ladies if you're interested in switching up the appearance of your site visit http://draft.blogger.com I got an email from them a while back about new templates that they have available.

-Peace

Related Posts with Thumbnails