4.12.2010

WOULD YOU WEAR?: Sweatpants and Heels


I know, I know it sounds crazy. But it was all over the Spring and Fall 2010 runway from Bottega Veneta (above) to Alexander Wang to Michael Kors. And even Rihanna hit the TV circuit in a sweatshirt dress by Alexander Wang.



The gym has finally gone glamorous.

The look takes the same sweatshirt material that I lived in during my days as a college bum and cuts it in sleek, sophisticated and sexy structures. And the outcome is comfy material with a modern, fashion-forward spin.


Alexander Wang

Sure the thought of sky-high stilettos and sweatpants sounds insane, but the look is confident, effortless and easy breezy, perfect for the impending Spring season.

Sweatpants (and sweatshirts reborn as dresses) have gone from lazy to luxe. How to wear it? Look for close-fitting silhouettes (no pants with a droopy crotch or butt, please) and pair them with dressy tops and accessories to glam up the look.


Michael Kors

What do you think? Would you wear the new dressed-up sweatpants trend? Beyonce would...




Oh, and since I love you, here are some inexpensive options to sway your opinion from Splendid:



Kisses,

Coutura

Images: Splendid.com; Style.com; The Fashion Bomb.

2 comments:

jasmin said...

This needs to be axed off the RUNWAY and REAL life. If I saw a woman at the store wearing sweats with heels, I would have to wonder about her mental health. I think most woman would. ITS ONE OR THE OTHER! U might as well pour vinegar in your milkshake or smear mustard on your brownies! Some things should just stay separate. Sorry Rhianna and Beyonce. Just say no (to ur stylist) LMAO

key said...

I am obsessed with anything heather grey! And the idea of dressing up while dressing down made me want to set a brunch date. Here's my take on it:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3593309&id=363934128702

Related Posts with Thumbnails