4.01.2010

Shu Uemura Exits U.S. (or Ferocia Almost Had A Panic Attack On A Plane)

I was on a plane just about to shut off my cell when I read the news: Shu Uemura would be exiting the United States. Say it 'aint so!
At the risk of being attacked by the super scary stewardess, I crouched down lower in my seat to read the news. Carol Hamilton, president of L'Oreal USA's Luxury Division, released the below statement (via WWD) in regards to the U.S. shut-down:

"This decision is about our desire to focus on growing the larger brands in the Luxury Products portfolio, not because the brand isn't vibrant and beautiful. We love the brand, but it is a very small part of our portfolio. It's a simple decision after a very complex analysis: we have a large portfolio and we want to focus on growing the brands which have a larger presence in the U.S. market."


Ok, but where would I be able to get my Full Shimmer Shampoo?! I NEED this stuff to live. After scouring through tweets, I finally saw the announcement from Teen Vogue's beauty director Eva Chen that at least the hair products would still be available for purchase in the U.S. at salons. Whew! I could finally relax. Although I'll be sad to see their beauty stands go, I'm happy to see that I can still buy some here in the city. BellaSugar also has a great post about Shu Uemura, so be sure to check it out if you have any other questions.

xo
Ferocia

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails