4.08.2010

Brow Wow: Clinique's Instant Lift For Brows Has Saved My Brow-Ignorant Life

When it comes to my brows, I'm a mess! Until most recently, I had yet to master the practice of actually grooming them myself, so I always try to get them done whenever possible. However, in my new effort to save money due to my precarious freelance life, I recently decided to start doing my own beauty upkeep; starting with my brows.
Side note: It's probably one of the best kept secrets in the world of beauty editors that no one really knows HOW to actually give themselves a manicure, blow-out, curls or even pluck their own eyebrows. It's much easier to just get the tips and write the article to tell you how to do it yourself than actually performing on one's own self. Besides, why do that when you can just go to the salon and have it done for free?! Being a former beauty editor myself, believe me; I know.
With that said, I'm determined to beautify myself with the scads of products that I have at home. It started off rather disastrous when I attempted to pluck some stray eyebrow hairs in that I think I plucked a bit too many (oops!). But I live for the smoky eye and, as every great beauty guru such as myself knows, you can't have done up eyes and crappy eyebrows. (Celebrity makeup artist Sam Fine even told me that once himself!) That's where this great product comes in: Clinique's Instant Lift For Brows ($15).
This two-sided pen contains a brow filling pencil on one end and a brow bone highlighter on the other. Genius! I use the pencil to fill in my brows (ie that patch of hair that I just annihilated with my Tweezermans) and the highlighter to accentuate and glamorize my brow bones.
The brow filler contains Carnauba Wax for a long lasting, water-proof, 8 hour hold with no smudging or smearing. The brow bone highlighter comes in a universally flattering warm pink champagne hue and contains pearl pigments to optically give the eyes the appearance of looking more open. I apply this right underneath the brows and then blend up with my index finger.
This product comes in three shades: Deep Brown; Soft Brown and Soft Blonde.
Voila! Just like that (for less than $20 and less than 20 minutes) I have perfected my brows with this one product. Don't you just love it?! Now if I could just learn how to not pluck so much of my eyebrow hair out...anyone have any good pointers for me in that category?
xo
Ferocia

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails