4.29.2010

Genie In A Bottle: New Nail Polishes from Sally Hansen



When I said before that I was going to try really hard not to spend any more money than I had to, this would include cutting out my weekly mani/pedi sessions. So hard because I'm the WORST when it comes to painting my own nails and having them look somewhat decent. With that said, I was beyond estastic to get a polish that actually works for me and my somewhat decrepit methods of applying the polish. An added bonus? It's super cheap [$6.99!] and can be found right around the corner at your local drugstore. I'm talking about none other than the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure that features all five steps of a professional manicure in one. [Yes, you read that correctly. All five steps: base coat, growth treatment, strengthener, color and top coat.] It also contains a special wide, tapered brush that gives you the perfect application every time. I even used it in the back of a moving vehicle to paint my nails and it worked just fine. In fact, when I got to the event, everyone kept asking who did my nails...if only they knew. The polishes are also chip resistant and lasted me for about two weeks. In 42 magical shades, you'll be sure to find the right hue for you. [That's my favorite shade pictured above: Commander in Chic. I'm a lover of all things black and, since it's spring, I wanted to lighten up. So, essentially grey is the new black for spring.]

Another fab new fave from Sally Hansen that I must mention to you as well would be the Color Quick Chrome Nail Color Pens. Side note: I probably should have been using this instead of the actual nail polish while riding in a car, but I didn't. However, I do have it in a bag and have used it on the train for an occasional touch up. It's a cute pen that's easy to hold and the brush makes it easy to dispense just the right amount of color. I was so happy to see that it doesn't come out all gloppy and messy and the 8 molten metal shades that it comes in aren't streaky. The formula also contains Panthenol, Vitamin A, C and E as well as a UV protector to keep your color fresh. Genius! That's my fave shade above: Silver Chrome. These cute pens are $7.95 and can also be found at your local drugstore.
Test them out and be sure to let me know what you think!
xo
Ferocia

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I almost bought a couple colors from this new line but I was afraid it would chip too soon as most Sally Hansen colors. I will give it a go since you speak so highly of it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails