5.04.2010

A Day in the Life: Coutura Attends the Met Costume Institute Gala...and Parties with Oprah and Anna Wintour!

Adrianna Papell dress. Colette Malouf hairpiece.
Last night was the most fun I've had all year. And not because I walked the red carpet beside some of the hottest celebs in the biz. And not because I saw some of my favorite designers and their exquisite work up close and personal.


Solely because I, Coutura, danced with Oprah Winfrey and Anna Wintour.


Yup, last night was one for the history books.


It started with me walking into the white tent and onto the red carpet. By the way, the red carpet was actually a set of stairs celebrities walked up while journalists fired questions on the side and photogs snapped shots. 


On my way upstairs, I saw Chanel Iman posing in a gold Michael Kors one piece and Iman in Prada with hair by Oscar James and makeup by the amazing Sam Fine. Those are some beautiful girls!


Oh and here's a quick shot I took of Justin Timberlake in William Rast and Jessica Biel in Ralph Lauren later on the red carpet.






As soon as I walked through the entrance, I spotted Gwen Stefani and Desiree Rogers, former White House Social Secretary with her daughter. Gwen Stefani told me she was wearing L.A.M.B. while Desiree and daughter chose Oscar de la Renta.


Here's Desiree Rogers chatting with Diane von Furstenberg.

Once inside, I chatted, more like gushed, over the stunning Kerry Washington in Thakoon for Gap. She is super sweet and silly! She graciously posed for a pic below.




While we spoke, I hear a squeaky voice and turn around to see Sarah Jessica Parker. She is truly as adorable in person as she is onscreen. Her energy is total Carrie from Sex and The City; she's smiling and catching up with everyone from Kerry Washington to Kristin Davis (Charlotte) who runs up to give her a hug. 




SJP in Halston Heritage chatting with Kerry Washington.


Mini-Sex and The City Reunion



Carrie and Charlotte!




And when Chris Noth playfully tapped SJP on the butt, I felt like I was trapped in an episode of Sex and the City...willfully, of course.




The Mr. Big stare always gets me. I love him, but umm, rooting for Aidan this sequel. (I totally told him this at the bar at the afterparty LOL)


While they mingled, I spotted Karl Lagerfeld walking in and Glamazons, let me tell you, I stopped breathing. Here's the thing. Celebs, especially fashionable celebs, are fun to meet (most of  the time). But designers? Legendary designers? Like for Chanel, my very favorite brand? I die. I snapped this Paparazzi pic and talked to him for like two seconds before he was whisked away. (I have no idea what I said but something along the lines of...OMG I LOVE your work!) 




Fun times! After cocktails, I left for more drinks with friends at a random dive bar (yes, we hung out at a bar in black tie, hilarious) and came back to the Marc Hotel for the afterparty.



As soon as I walked in, I met Donatella Versace. She's an icon but umm...I'll let you guys address this pic.



I spotted Naomi Campbell mingling and dancing up a storm when the party got underway.


Usher Raymond looking dapper as ever.



Chanel Iman + boyfriend breaking it down on the dancefloor.


N.E.R.D. hosted (they played the BEST songs!) while Diddy briefly took over the mic. Love to see Naomi Campbell and Kerry Washington partying it up!



Justin Timberlake even came through and performed a few hits!


And that's when my hair got sweated out! Justin had everyone on the dancefloor...literally, everyone. See the next pic.



No, your eyes are NOT deceiving you. That's Anna Wintour dancing on the floor and yes, she's got moves. Not a hair out of place though. Love it!

Oh and I almost forgot! Oprah Winfrey briefly walked onto the dance floor and who else was jamming by the entrance but moi? We grabbed hands and danced for like two seconds - I totally felt like Oprah was my homegirl. She's so cool!


I LOVE this pic! As I give my feet a rest (gold pumps = killer), Katy Perry plops down next to me. She finally met someone who parties as much as her, teehee. Here's us holding up the wall for a second.


Who knew fashion's most celebrated event would be so much fun? I had a blast! It was like prom with celebs, designers and (much better) fashions. Definitely a night to remember.

Kisses,

Coutura




6 comments:

TheSeventhDistrict said...

Great pictures! seems like you had a blast!

beautylogicblog said...

looks like you had a blast! what a great event to attend.

Anonymously, Me. said...

how fun!!!! glad you were able to attend :)

Charreah said...

Just WOWWW.These pictures say 1,000 words. You worked that room:)

Portia said...

I love the pics! And your dress too. But if you're small and Ms. Donatella looks even smaller than you, someone needs to stage an intervention with her....I'm just saying

TJ said...

That looks like so much fun!! You look beautiful in your dress!

Related Posts with Thumbnails