5.06.2010

Pantene Does My Tresses Good!


I haven't been this excited about a drug store shampoo since...well, I actually can't even remember. Maybe because I've never really been too excited about any drugstore shampoos. True, they get the job done but I live for the more expensive brands (ie Kerastase and Oribe).
As previously reported, Pantene has finally received a much needed makeover and the good folks at Procter & Gamble have completely re-jigged the line. In fact, this was a project at least 5 years in the making!

Top scientists at Pantene discovered the obvious: one ingredient/formula does not work on the hair. It's such a simple concept that it's borderline genius. With that in mind, they narrowed it down to four hair types: fine, medium-thick, curly and color-treated.

From there, they've broken up the product line into shampoo, conditioners and leave-in treatments that are perfect to mix or use alone:
-Fine Hair Solutions: Flat to Volume, Dry to Moisturized, Fragile to Strong
-Medium-Thick Hair Solutions: Frizzy to Smooth, Breakage to Strength, Dry to Moisturized
-Curly Hair Series: Curls to Straight, Dry to Moisturized
-Color Preserve Shine, Volume, Smooth, Blonde Expressions, Highlighting Expressions, Brunette Expressions


They recently held a fun beauty bloggers event where we all received a run down on the new products, blow-outs, styling sessions and a makeup application. Celebrity hairstylist Danilo (he tames and styles the locks of Gwen Stefani and Kate Hudson among others!) was also on hand to tell us which products from the line would work best for us and (because he couldn't help himself) even styled my hair. I just love him. That's us pictured above talking all things hair.
I didn't have time to get the full washing experience, so I tested them out earlier this week in my shower. And, can I just say, that they're amazing?! I kid you not, my hair color came out looking just like it does when I use the Kerastase products. Here's what I used:

-Color Preserve Smooth Shampoo: Protects colored hair and smoothes with intense moisturizers ($3.99)
-Color Hair Solutions Color Nourishing Treatment: Weekly treatment to help seal in color and enhance shine ($3.99)
-Curly Hair Style Creme: Anti-frizz Straightening, smoothes curls and preps for a straight look ($5.99)
-Curly Hair Style Spray: Heat Protection & Shine, helps to protect against heat damage and enhances shine ($5.99)

With prices like those that come with amazing results, I highly encourage to get your hands on these stat...especially if you're a beauty budgenista!

xo
Ferocia




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails