5.05.2010

Call the Glambulance: Britney Spears Designing for Candie's


Fashion sense is no longer a requirement to work in fashion. That's the only way to explain how Britney Spears could end up with a design gig. 

After being the face of Candie's for three seasons, Brit Brit has been promoted to designer via People Magazine, penning a limited-edition Junior's collection for the company. She hinted at the collaboration on her Twitter page:

"At my photo shoot for the limited edition collection I designed for Candie's! I think you guys will love it!" 

Hmmm...doubt it, but here are the details: prices will range from $24-58 and clothes will debut in July just in time for back-to-school shopping. Sold exclusively at Kohls, the line will reflect Britney's "personal style." 

Yikes.

Candie's believes that the general public would buy clothes from a celeb they've seen in bikini tops and netted dresses and cowboy boots. That's insulting to me.





Starting in July, I'm blaming Brit/Candie's for every teenage girl I see wearing a cowboy hat and fishnet tights with holes. Le sigh.

Kisses,

Coutura
Related Posts with Thumbnails