5.19.2010

A Day in The Life: Belvedere Pink Grapefruit Party PLUS Sessilee Lopez on Why She's Team Naomi Campbell

Glamazons,


My interview with Bevy Smith over Belvedere Pink Grapefruit cocktails was only the beginning. To celebrate the launch of Belvedere Pink Grapefruit, Bevy hosted a themed dinner followed by a glamorous party called "In the Pink."


Held on Friday night, "In the Pink" brought out the top names in Entertainment, Media and Fashion, including Keri Hilson, Sessilee Lopez, Alek Wek and Rosie Perez to name a few. A Dinner with Bevy creation, the party and dinner celebrated bold, vibrant women in media, like Ms. Bevy herself.


We were happy to be invited to the soirĂ©e because Bevy knows how to throw a party! She was a kind and gracious host (she gave me a great big hug when I saw her) and looked glorious in a pink, belted v-neck dress, to match Belvedere Pink Grapefruit of course! The decor was also rooted in pink as a nod to the beautiful kaftan Matthew Williamson designed for the launch.


While toasting Belvedere's new sultry, summer flavor, guests danced all night to tunes spun by the one-and-only Questlove. When he played songs like "Don't Worry 'Bout a Thing" by Stevie Wonder, he got the crowd of actors, media personalities and makeup artists to work it out on the dance floor.


And who was in the crowd, you ask? Well, in the VIP section alone, I spotted Angela Yee, Necole Bitchie, Tristan Wilds, Fonsworth Bentley, Michaela Angela Davis, AJ Calloway, Mimi Valdes (and her gorg haircut), Sister Toldja of The Beautiful Struggler and Belle of A Belle in Brooklyn, in addition to the celebs I named above.


Ferocia and I even chatted it up with Keri Hilson (she's so sweet!), superstar publicist B.J. Coleman and celebrity makeup artist, A.J. Crimson, who said he's proud of our blog (this clearly made our night! he's totally OUR inspiration).


In the midst of all the dancing, catching up, chatting and mingling, Ferocia got a few minutes to speak with the beautiful Sessilee Lopez in VIP.


Here's a pic of Sessilee with Friend of The Glamazons, A.J. Crimson.

Read below to see what Sessilee had to say about her summer vacation plans (Russia and Jamaica!), Christian Siriano and why she's Team Naomi Campbell.


Ferocia: Tell us what you’re wearing!


Sessilee: Well, I’m in head to toe in one of the most amazing designers. His name is, I don’t know if you know him, Christian Siriano.

Ferocia: Uh, yeah! You walked in his show. Duh.

Sessilee: (laughing) Yeah. He hooked me up today.

Ferocia: Looks hot! So what are the big trends you’re looking forward to this summer?

Sessilee: Woo! Effortless fashion, not having to try and just knowing you’re looking good. Relaxing. I’m not really looking at trends to see what other people are doing. I’m doing my own thing. I’m a model. I’m a trendsetter. People are watching me.

Ferocia: Yeah! Where are you vacationing this summer?

Sessilee: Well, I’m about to go to Jamaica. I’m going to Russia this summer with Naomi. She’s going to show me around.

Ferocia: Are you and Naomi like best friends?

Sessilee: I wouldn’t say like BFF, but she’s definitely someone that I aspire to be.

Ferocia: Is she like your mentor?

Sessilee: Definitely. She’s a beautiful person. The stories that you hear, I mean, all the times that I’ve met with her she’s been nothing but sweet as pie. I don’t really listen to what people say about others. I make my own decisions about them, ya know?

Ferocia: Definitely! I agree.

Scroll down for pics of a Christian Siriano-clad Sessilee, Keri Hilson, A.J. Crimson and more!


Sessilee Lopez in Christian Siriano




Keri Hilson's gorgeous jumpsuit


Alek Wek


Rosie Perez




Lovely Ladies!



Keri Hilson and Tristan Wilds




Michaela Angela Davis




B.J. Coleman




Love this pic of D.J. Kiss getting love from her fiancee D.J. M.O.S. and A.J. Crimson! So cute



The Glamazons with Elaine of Ebony Magazine, Makeup Artist, Melissa and Stylist, Memsor Kamarake 


Me in my Jimmy Choo for H&M shoes (and socks!) + a glass of Belvedere Pink Grapefruit

Kisses,

Coutura

Photos: The ICU; Picture Group; YBF.

1 comment:

Beautylicious said...

Great post! I really enjoyed the interview with Sessilee. I think its amazing that she's traveling to Russia with Naomi! But i must say She may seem sweet as pie now but when you travel with people you tend to see the good, bad, and ugly of them! (YA know lol) so maybe she will see what's really up with Naomi.

Related Posts with Thumbnails