5.04.2010

GLAM OR SHAM?: M.I.A. and Zoe Kravitz in Alexander Wang for Gap at the Met Costume Institute Gala



Of all the celebrity muses at last night's MET Gala, I was most excited to see M.I.A. For one, she was dressed by one of my favorite designers, Alexander Wang (for Gap). But more importantly, she's M.I.A. The same funky, free-spirited artist who wore a sheer, polka dot top during her performance at The Grammy's---while she was nine months pregnant.






So I was super curious to see how Alexander Wang and M.I.A.'s creative point-of-views would blend. The result? Hmm...I'll let you decide.


I think the design is exquisite, but I would have preferred to see an explosion of color on M.I.A.---or something, anything, that hinted at M.I.A.'s exuberant, youthful style.


On the other hand, Zoe Kravitz was perfect. Who's better than one of the most beautiful actresses (blame it on those glamazing Lenny Kravitz/Lisa Bonet genes) to display the menswear trend? 


Her tuxedo look was clean, sophisticated and chic. And I love the juxtaposition of the feminine bangs and supersexy red lips. (I'm slightly biased. I met her at the afterparty and she's so sweet!)


What do we think of M.I.A. and Zoe's looks, Glamazons? Glam or a Sham?


Kisses,


Coutura


MET Gala Photo: Style.com.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails