3.29.2010

GET THE LOOK: Lea Michele at the 2010 Kids' Choice Awards


A flawless beauty herself, I just loved the beauty look actress Lea Michele rocked at the 2010 Kids' Choice Awards. Her makeup artist Melanie Inglessis gives us the scoop on how she created the look:

"For Lea's look, I wanted to keep her makeup simple yet flawless and classic. It had to compliment her hair and dress without overpowering it. Lea has amazing bone structure, so once she decided to keep the hair off her face in a simple ponytail, coupled with her gorgeous pink dress, we went for a "modern day" ballerina look. I didn't want a particular feature to stand out but instead I created an overall balanced look to celebrate her youth and beauty.

For her face, I wanted her complexion to be flawless and bright so I started by applying CoverGirl Simply Ageless Concealer under her eyes to make sure she looked wide awake followed by an overall base of Giorgio Armani Luminous Foundation. Then, I applied MakeUp Forever HD Powder to set the look followed by a highlighter. On Lea's cheeks, I started with CoverGirl Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush in Plush Peach to create a warm flush of color followed by Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder to further accentuate her cheekbones.

On the eyes, I wanted something natural, but still bold enough for the red carpet, so I applied CoverGirl Smoky Shadowblast in Bronze Fire on the lid and crease and the white shade of CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast in Onyx Smoke to the browbone and inner corner of the eye. Next, I added CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in Cafe Au Lait to darken the crease for a little more drama; followed by CoverGirl Perfect Blend Eyeliner in Black/Brown. To lengthen and define Lea's gorgeous lashes I applied many coats of CoverGirl LashBlast Length Mascara in Black.

Since we decided to accentuate her eyes, I wanted to go more natural and just use a slight stain for her lips. I used Kevyn Aucoin Flesh Tone Lip Pencil followed by CoverGirl Outlast Lip Stain in Bit of Blossom."

xo
Ferocia

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails