Hey Glamazons! You know, I have tons of makeup; and I'm not just telling you this to brag (ok, maybe I am just a little bit) but more so to emphasize the point that I'm definitely a palette type of gal. I don't know if it's because I'm always on the go or the fact that I just like compact things. Who doesn't want to have their eyeshadow, blush and lip gloss all in one place?!
The good folks over at Shopbop.com (a Glamazons Blog website fave!) must have been thinking the exact same thing when they decided to hook up with Sephora to create this limited edition makeup palette. The palette, which retails for $30 (a $125 value!), includes 5 interchangeable color palettes based off of the 5 looks from Shopbop.com's "Faces of Fashion" editorial look book. They include (from l to r):
-Boho Bombshell (dark blues, warm taupes, warm golds)
-Classics Never Die (brown smoky eyes)
-Angelic Boudoir (nudes, sands, with a touch of bright blue and fuschia)
-Black is the New Black (black smoky eyes)
-A Nod to Mod (bright blues, greens, pinks, purples)
Each color palette can be popped out and into the empty case on the left so that you can pop it into your clutch or purse. Love!
In addition, you can enter to win this really cool sweepstakes called the Faces of Fashion Sweepstakes. The prize? A year's supply of makeup from Sephora and a $2,500 shopping spree from Shopbop. You'd be crazy not to enter! Click here to get the rest of the deets.
In fitting fashionista form, my fave palette is 'Black is the New Black' (I could wear this every day!) but the others are fun to play with as well.
Once you nab yours, be sure to heed this 5 fab makeup tips from Sephora PRO Artist Julie Taing:
1. To create a quick, colorful smokey eye, apply the black matte shadow with a small shadow brush. Complete the fun, edgy look by putting any color of your choice on top.
2. Mix shimmer and matte shadows together to create dimension. Use the shimmer shadows towards the center of the eye and blend with matte shadows in the crease. Line the bottom lash line with a matte shadow for a more intense look.
3. Don't be scared to play with color! One easy trick to apply a natural color (shades of brown or black) all over the top lid with a medium shadow brush, stopping at the crease. Then, line your bottom lash line with a fun, bold color that accents your eye color. Gold shades look great with blue eyes, purple with green eyes and green tones accent brown eyes perfectly.
4. For a fun spring look, try a bold lip. Apply a sparkling eye shadow with your favorite vivid lip color such as raspberry and complement with a soft, natural cheek color.
5. This spring, it's all about a fresh, natural look. Try keeping your eye shadows basic with eye enhancing colors such as soft blues, brown and greens with a soft natural pink lip color. You can also try mixing the palette's peach tones blushes together for a soft, sun-kissed look.