11.14.2009

Coming Up Rihanna



We know, we know...the Rihanna interview with Good Morning America was sooo last week! Don't worry, I won't go into anything about the actual interview and keep it extra superficial (btw the best in-depth analysis that I've read so far about the interview would have to come from the blog A Belle In BK, so click there to read it and just know that I also cosign her opinion haha).



Besides the fact that Rihanna's forehead was a trending topic on Twitter for a couple of days after the interview aired, I don't think I've read anything about anyone commenting on her hair! (Ok, yes, I'm not denying the fact that Ri Ri does have a rather large forehead and the tweets did make me laugh, but I couldn't laugh too hard because I also have a large forehead and mask it with bangs...it's not as big as hers, but it's still big. My brother once called me 5 head when I was younger...because he said that you could put your entire hand over my forehead. He probably doesn't even remember saying that or realize that he kinda scarred me for life by saying so because ever since then I've had to have bangs and I'm not really comfortable any other way, but it's all good lol)

I really like Rihanna's hair in the interview, so I caught up with superbusy Pantene celebrity hairstylist Tippi Shorter (alright, I'll be honest, I did stalk her...just a little bit...) to find out how she created the look for the interview. Here's what she had to say:

"[Rihanna's] hair color was done by Ursula Stephens of NY and Jamika Wilson of Identities Salon in Carson, Ca.

After relaxing her hair and trimming up the sides, I used the Pantene Relaxed and Natural Beakage Defense Shampoo and Conditioner. After rinsing, I used the Ojon Restorative Leave-in Treatment for blonde hair and wrapped her hair going back and dried under a hood dryer.

Once hair was dry, I ran a little of the Jane Carter Solution Hair Nourishing Serum throughout before flatironing. I flatironed her hair in small sections going straight back with the Bio Ionic One Pass Iron (I live for this iron!).

After flatironing, I put a little bit of the Pantene Anti Frizz Serum on my fingertips and smoothed hair to the side. No hairspray was needed."

Shorter also did the same for the Nokia performance Rihanna did. (Nokia has inked a partnership with Island Def Jam Music Group and Universal Music Group International to exclusively premiere tracks from Rihanna's forthcoming album, 'Rated R', with Nokia. As part of the deal, there will be an exclusive, live streamed concert on Nokia websites and Comes With Music customer will recieve a special version of the album that includes a bonus track and other additional content.)

AND if you haven't peeped the new music video for Russian Roulette click there to check it out and click here to check out some behind the scenes scoop! BTW what do you guys think of the single? Although it's a rather dark song, I have to admit that it's growing on me and that I even kind of like it...

As soon as I catch up with Ursula (who styled her hair for the hot video and is currently traveling overseas with Rihanna), I'll give you the scoop on how to cop that look as well! (Ursula: If you're reading this, call me! xxo)

And now I'm off to get my blonde touched up by my hair colorist Adrian Wallace (ie one of the many loves of my life!) Happy Saturday to all!

xo

Ferocia

1 comment:

Beautylicious said...

What a fab post! I always wondered what she used on her hair, I think its amazing how Ojon has upgraded and have now created products specifically for color treated hair. Wow!

Related Posts with Thumbnails