12.22.2009

FIRST LOOK: Beyonce's Heat


Hey Glamazons! So, we’re sure that you’ve heard all about Beyonce’s newest fragrance Heat by now. If you haven’t, then you clearly don’t read Women’s Wear Daily because it was splashed all over the front page of Friday’s paper. (Cardinal Rule #1: If you want to work in ‘the industry’, you must read WWD everyday. Period, the end.)

We already knew that she was coming out with a fragrance (hence the lawsuit woes she was having when coming up with a name…you read that post, right?!). Also, I remember hearing a bunch of PR execs talking about the fragrance backstage during the Spring 2010 shows a couple of months ago (they shall remain anonymous haha).

And here it is.

I have it in my hands now and must admit that I’m very surprised that it’s taken her this long to do it considering that she’s already been the face for the Giorgio Armani’s Diamonds and Tommy Hilfiger’s True Star fragrance ads.

However, we all know that it’s just a matter of time before she really goes in on the beauty arena….kind of like Kimora did after she came out with her first fragrance. Side note: do you guys remember the KLS Cosmetics line that she had? What ever happened to it? I still have some of the lipgloss…it smells like Playdo hahaha)

Ok, so back to the matter at hand: Beyonce’s new fragrance, Heat. Which I'm wearing right now…and let me tell you, it doesn’t make me feel hot. (And by hot, I mean sexy). Judging from the ads (see pic), my first thought is that I should feel sexy when I’m wearing it. Like, it should bring all the boys to my yard. Ah, well, it hasn’t yet...well not any straight ones anyways..sigh. It smells a lot older than what I would have expected from her. (And, by older I mean something like a woman who was in her late 40’s would wear…not that it’s a bad thing, but Beyonce isn’t even 30 yet! So I expected a different smell is all.)

In fact, if Beyonce’s name weren’t attached to it, I don’t even think this is something that I’d even pick up in the fragrance aisles. It’s not horrible, but just not my taste..to each his own, right? Let us know what you think when you scoop it!

Here’s what Beyonce had to say about her fragrance creation:

“My fragrance is a unique expression of a women’s powerful sensuality. The scent thrills and enthralls, drawing you in. At the same time, it is elegant and feminine with an air of mystery. I created this fragrance for self-assured women everywhere, for women who are not afraid to desire and be desired.”

Top notes: red vanilla orchid, magnolia, neroli, blush peach

Heart notes: honeysuckle nectar, almond macaroon, crème de musk

Base notes: giant sequoia milkwood, tonka bean, amber

Eau de parfum: $39 for 1 oz.; $49 for 1.7 oz; $59 for 3.4 oz

Gold Sparkling Body Lotion: $24

Available at Macy's February 2010

Available in Europe, Middle East, Far East and Australia by August 2010

Check out the fragrance ad below:


xo

Ferocia

1 comment:

Chantal B. said...

Better luck next time Bey. I guess I won't be picking it up. I will stick to my VIVA LA JUICY

Related Posts with Thumbnails