2.02.2011

I Need This to Survive: Emmy Rossum for Elie Tahari "Emmy" Bucket Bag



It's rare that I find a handbag that stops my heart the way shoes do, but when I saw Emmy Rossum's bag for Elie Tahari, I died and was resurrected. The shape, the texture, the luxe material, the beautiful detailing! How sleek and elegant...and roomy!

Emmy Rossum's first-ever design, the “Emmy” bucket bag is available in four sizes and comes in tan, black, white, mushroom, yellow and metallic via WWD. I'm sooo getting it in black (the essence of snobby NYC chic) just in time for market appointments in March!

The way the design collaboration came about is just as exciting as the pieces. Tahari told WWD: “I was talking to her about her style and I saw that she had good taste and she liked [my] bags. She’d say, ‘I wish it was this way, I wish it was like that…’ and I said, ‘You know what, Emmy? You come in and you design it like you like."



How cool is that? I love that it wasn't your typical designer/celebrity collaboration, but instead came about organically. Of her design process, Emmy said: “I thought a lot about the kind of bag I wanted: versatile, worn by the working woman in any season. It was important that it had compartments in the sides, because I hate those big bags where your iPod cord gets mixed in with your lip gloss.” Amen!

The Elie Tahari bags will be available for $398 to $798 in March at Bergdorf, Neiman and Saks. And a portion of all proceeds will go to the charity Safe Horizon. Love a philanthropic purchase!

What do you think of the bag? Are you drooling over it like me?

Kisses,

Coutura

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails