2.03.2011

Daisy Lowe Calls Karl Lagerfeld Out in Asos Magazine: "Fashion Needs More Curves"



Daisy Lowe and her adorable curves are giving me everything I need on the cover of Asos Magazine! I need those jeans to survive!!

Inside, she offers some poignant commentary about the fashion industry's love/hate relationship with curves. On Karl Lagerfeld and Crystal Renn, she says: "My friend was working with Crystal Renn and said she thinks she’s only got a 38-inch hip. Karl Lagerfeld said he was going to embrace her womanly shape and then he just put her face on the ad campaign."

 

I applaud her for speaking out because I was totes thinking the same thing. Since Crystal Renn was chosen as the curvy model muse du jour, it seems said curves have disappeared. 



Check out her book cover and her walking in Chanel: where'd her body go? I'm all for dieting and slimming down as one sees fit, but I hate to think she did it to get more work in the modeling industry, especially since designers claimed to love her for her womanly shape.

Do you think Lowe has a point in regard to her face only appearing in Karl's ads? Do you think the designer, who infamously shunned curves, is really embracing womanly figures like he claims?

Discuss, and check out the rest of Lowe's shoot for Asos below:









Kisses,

Coutura

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails