9.22.2009

ROCKIN' RED LIP TIPS


Hey glamazons! Whew - what a week Coutura and I have been having! We are deep into the throes of getting everything together for the Dec. 09 issue - which means we're knee deep in holiday. Is it Friday yet?! Can someone please bring me a grande coffee from Starbucks?!

Sigh...back to the lips: If I have to choose between a lipstick and a lipgloss, I'll always pick the gloss. Partly because I just like the way my lip looks after I put it on (this probably stems from my teenage years) and because I'm kind of scared of lipstick. I know this sounds crazy, but I'm REALLY into red lipstick. I just think it looks so classy and ladylike..well, when done right. This morning I saw a hot mess of a red lip (I'm talking ashy lip and on the teeth type of red) and it made me cringe. Ugh. So, I called over to the amazing MAC cosmetics makeup artists to get some tips on how to rock a red lip in the hopes that maybe that sad woman I saw on the train will read this and never look like that again.

Here's what MAC Sr. Artist Fatima Thomas had to say (that's here pictured here!):

-Exfoliate your lips. Nothing looks pretty on dry, peeling pouts. I add a little sugar to a small dollop of MAC Lip Conditioner to gently polish the lips into smoothness.

-Prime. MAC Prep + Prime Lip sets you up with a smoother finish and a longer wear without the feathering and bleeding.

-Nude out your lips with a dab of foundation. This ensures a picture perfect finish.

-Use a lip brush. Red lips should be painted on with clean edges. If you apply liner, do so after filling in the lips with color - you'll get a better shape and edge.

-Be confident! Red is a color that never looks dated. Red says "woman," not "girl." My fave red lipsticks are MAC New York Apple, Lady Danger and Viva Glam 1.

*Visit maccosmetics.com or your nearest MAC counter to purchase products mentioned above.

xo

Ferocia

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails