10.12.2009

SALON WATCH: Sassoon Salon


Besides the book store, my second fave place to hang out in the city is the salon. Not only because of the magical stylists (where else in the world can you walk in looking a hot mess and leave looking like fabulousity personified?!), but also because the atmosphere is just so relaxed. Living in NY can be stressful times and the salon is one place that I can walk into and instantly feel at ease. Did I also mention that getting my hair washed is the one thing in life I love more than lip gloss?! (I love it so much that I’m convinced that the man of my dreams will be able to give me a good hair washing…if not, I will definitely teach him how hahaha)

With that said, my other favorite past time is checking out new salons. The newest on the block?: Sassoon. Previously located on the second floor of the Crown Building, it’s got some posh new digs at 7 W. 56th St.

I recently went in for a blow out and cut on Friday evening with Clint Wilson(Creative Director at the salon) and loved it! (Sidenote: If you decide to stop in, request Clint! Not only because he’s a gay cutie, but because he’s so hilarious!)

The new Sassoon Salon was designed by German-based architects Frick und Frick and includes 25 stations, free Wi-fi access and an open color bar. The salon offers everything from haircolor and cuts to special ‘rituals’ (ie treatments) for your hair. And the best part is that it caters to both women and men! Go check it out and let me know what you think.

xo

Ferocia

Sassoon Salon

7 W. 56th St.

New York, NY

212.535.9200

sassoon.com


Front view of the salon


Back of the salon

*Photos courtesy of Eric Levin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails