10.08.2009

J'Adore Dior

I first laid eyes on J’Adore years ago in college. My bff Nina used to wear it religiously and, yes, I am guilty of stealing a couple of spritzes during visits to her dorm room. There was just something about it that always made me feel sophisticated – even when I was just wearing ratty jeans, t-shirt and flip flops. (Looking back, I can’t believe that I even wore that outfit daily. I was definitely not as fabulous looking as I am now, but I still loved beauty products!) This year marks the 10th anniversary of the fragrance and actress Charlize Theron is the new face of the scent.

Here’s some fun facts about the fragrance that I bet you didn’t know:

-Upon his arrival at Dior, John Galliano often enthused in shy, tentative French “J’Adore.”

-Approximately 50 pieces of J’Adore fragrance and body care products are sold every hour.

-J’Adore is Dior’s number one selling fragrance and continues to grow its loyal following 10 years after its debut.

-The sensational J’Adore TV ad, featuring a barely dressed Charlize Theron, draws men to the Dior counter opening requesting the scent for their wives or girlfriends.

To commemorate, Dior is offering a special J’Adore Eau de Parfum Limited Edition Collectors bottle featuring a Massai Jewel pendant – a reference to John Galliano’s first fashion show with the house of Dior – as a wearable gift. When removed from the bottle, the glass pendant engraved with the initials of Christian Dior, can be worn as a charm on a chain necklace.

J’Adore Limited Edition Collectors Bottle

Price: $72 for 1.7 oz

Available: October 2009 at Dior Beauty Counters Nationwide

In addition, the brand threw an amazing 10th Anniversary party in The Boom Boom Room at The Standard (one of NY’s hot new night spots). Guests were encouraged to dress in a “Golden Goddess” theme. Celebrity guests in attendance included Joy Bryant (whom I personally J’Adore!); Olivia Palermo; Tinsley Mortimer and Ally Hilfiger.

xo

Ferocia


The Boom Boom Room at The Standard in NY


Actress Joy Bryant


Socialite Tinsley Mortimer


Nicky Hilton


Olivia Palermo


Ally Hilfiger and Ed Moerland


Vogue Beauty Director Sarah Brown


Women's Wear Daily Peter Born (Executive Editor, Beauty) along with Terry Darland (General Manager of Christian Dior Parfums North America) and Pamela Baxter (President and CEO of LVMH Perfumes and Cosmetics). Side note: When I first moved to this glamorous city, I completed a beauty internship at WWD (along with my girl Crystal Martin, who's now at O Magazine!) Pete is super smart, has been in the industry for years and knows ALL of the important people worth knowing in the world of beauty. I love this man. (In a completely non-romantic way, of course! haha) I'm definitely dedicating one of my books to him.


*Photos courtesy of Patrick McMullan

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails