2.09.2010

Countdown to New York Fashion Week: DKNY and Ports 1961 Fall 2010

Glamazons,

I nearly fainted when I got the email at the "Answering the Call" event for Haiti at M2M two weeks ago. It read: "I have a seat for you at the DKNY show. Can you confirm your attendance?" addressed to ME. Can I confirm my attendance? What?! Of course, and let me also confirm that I've only been dying to attend this show (and getting turned down) for six straight seasons, so much so that I showed up to the runway show last September hoping my boss could whisk me in without anyone seeing (no such luck).

This year, I am so stoked to see the collection in person. In the meantime, Donna Karan has released a sketch of one of DKNY's looks inspired by "modern collage." The artful print offers a mosaic of color while the fringe bottom makes the look wearable and chic.


One of the shows I look forward to every year is Ports 1961 (it's always beautiful and elegant) and the Fall 2010 collection, designed by Tia Cibani, is "inspired by the relationship between discover and invention." That enigmatic description is a nod to the innovative silhouette, seen below, that blends a cape with a button-down zippered coat. Pretty cool. The look as a whole is stylish and modern using Ports 1961's signature muted palette. And yes, there goes those fitted pants again.


What do you think of the sketches, Glamazons? Are you excited to see these collections?

Kisses,

Coutura

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails